Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bluntness

I have been told quite a few times that I'm blunt. First couple times I was shocked. I didn't know I was like taht. By the third and fourth time, I have came to accept that the others are probably right and that is just the way I am. After all these years, I am perfectly happy with the way I am. Honey coating something is a lot of work. Lying (as defined by saying something that I don't believe in, not necessarily malicious) is a lot of work. So when my livelihood (work) is not being affected, I just don't care to be so subtle.

Do understand that there is a difference between bluntness and verbal diarrhea. While I have an opinion on just about anything, I do not have the desperate urge to share those opinions. I am perfectly happy keeping my opinions to myself. In fact, I will warn people about my bluntness, and if they don't want to hear the truth (people usually have an inkling, they just hope you will tell them what they want to hear instead), they probably should not solicit my comments.

There is nothing I hate more than delusional people asking me to perpetuate their delusions. It is their prerogative to be delusion and I certainly don't have the right or authority to burst their bubbles. However, if I have to listen to their delusional thoughts repeatedly, there will come a point when I'll just snap, and the truth will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment