Monday, May 2, 2011

Minimum Requirement

There should be some sort of a minimum requirement for people to leave evaluation on products on websites. Many comments just bare no relevancy to the product performance... or am I the one who's in the wrong? Maybe when I look under a product evluation on Amazon, I am really look at the entire purchase experience?

I mean if you placed an order and received it broken, that sucks, but it happens, it doesn't have anything to do with the product performance. It's a package or seller issue. Unless, of course, if that happened a few times and it really is an issue with the product. (And on Amazon they actually let you rate the seller/vendor separately now.)

If the product does not meet your expectation because you did not do the bare minimum research and just assumed that it should perform certain acts and turned out that it doesn't. That's the problem with the user, not the problem.

If you don't like the pricing of a product (for some reason, people always feel that apps should be dirt cheap), that, again, has nothing to do with the performance. RATE THE PRODUCT BY THEIR PERORMANCE -- what they CLAIMED they do, not your unrealistic expectations.

Lastly, and about the most ridiculous ones I have seen. (People rating on iTunes seem to be the worst.) This individual started with "I don't own this app (i.e. never used it), but based on the other apps made by this developer....." What??? I can't believe I'm saying this, but that is worse than Mr. Delusional/Unrealistic Expectation. How can you rate a product based purely on your imagination? What has this world came to?? (Of course, I'd be happy if that's the only/worst problem of this country right now....)

No comments:

Post a Comment